Building your B2B value hypothesis
*This article is part of the “How to set up your Startup B2B Sales Process in 3 weeks” series.
The first thing a founder needs to be clear on is what is the value they believe they can add to a customer. That is their B2B value hypothesis.
How to define your B2B value hypothesis
In order to achieve that, he needs to answer the following questions in an honest (no pink glasses) way:
- What is the problem you see on the market that you can solve?
- How can you solve this problem or what action should a customer take to solve that problem?
- What are the expected results a customer could achieve by solving the problem using your solution or service?
It’s a simple Problem + Action = Result formula that is often overlooked in the sense of not spending enough time to clearly articulate each component in order to drive intention and deals closed.
Here are 2 examples:
- Аccording to IDC research, by 2021 20% of major manufacturers will rely on artificial intelligence and sensors to gather and analyze vast amounts of production data. This data will be used to decrease costs, automate and speed up production by 25%.
By implementing sensors and machine learning algorithms we help manufacturers implement predictive maintenance practices that can decrease downtime by as much as 30%.
- Manufacturers nowadays are struggling with outdated processes. This causes them to lose production time and revenue due to inefficiencies in maintenance processes.
By implementing sensors and machine learning algorithms we help production plants implement predictive maintenance practices that can decrease downtime by as much as 30%
The next article from our Sales Acceleration program is about How to do B2B market research.
Having trouble defining your B2B value hypothesis?
We can schedule a free consulting call and help you find that magic definition.
Boris Georgiev is one of the co-founders of Out2Bound. As such he has worked with over 50 B2B founders helping them realize their go-to-market strategies. He is acknowledged by Forbes with the prestigious award 30 Under 30. On a daily basis, Boris tracks trends and best practices in B2B Tech sales.