Sales Development Representative job description
*Sales Development Representative job description is an important part of the “How to set up your Startup B2B Sales Process in 3 weeks” series.
Typically depending on the stage of your sales process, you need to recruit different salespeople with different sets of skills and responsibilities. In this part, we will talk about what would be the job description of a sales development representative e.i. the demand generator.
Example Sales Development Representative job description
Your primary responsibility as a Sales Development Representative is to generate new business opportunities for the company. In this role, you represent the business and you are the first point of contact with our ideal potential customers. The responsibilities include researching markets, segmenting potential clients, reaching out to them using outbound methods (emails, phone, social, sms etc.).
- Work with founders & C-level executives to build and execute sales strategies
- Engage executives and C-level prospects in target accounts via cold calls, Linkedin, and email to generate appointments.
- Work with sales tools, G-suite services, Microsoft office, Linkedin, and Chrome extensions;
- Develop B2B messages for outreach campaigns via email and LinkedIn;
- Reach out to clients’ prospects on the clients’ behalf via email, Linkedin, and phone;
- Handling responses: work with objections, schedule appointments, follow-ups;
- Managing multiple targets and pipelines;
- Ensure your database is updated and contains relevant prospect information;
- Be a credible resource and develop a trusted relationship with your prospects
- Participate in team meetings, client events, and ongoing training;
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in sales or at a similar client-facing role;
- Ability to work remotely both independently and within a team.
- Responsible, positive, and proactive attitude to work.
- Determined to consistently achieve sales goals
- Experience in market research, industry reports, and articles to extract market insight;
- A person that loves relationship-building and enjoys problem-solving;
- A person who approaches sales open-mindedly.
- Bachelor degree required in Business study/ Management science
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a specific language.
Needless to say, writing a specific and exact job description will massively increase your chances of finding the right person.
Boris Georgiev is one of the co-founders of Out2Bound. As such he has worked with over 50 B2B founders helping them realize their go-to-market strategies. In 2018 he was acknowledged by Forbes Bulgaria in the 30 under 30 list. On a daily basis, Boris tracks trends and best practices in B2B Tech sales.